We offer a selection of classical internal weighted cylindrical airlift sponge filters of various configurations which are placed at the bottom of your aquarium. The offered here model XY-380 measures 20 x 12 cm.
The airlift biochemical sponge filter features silent operation and has an excellent filtering effect while oxygenating the water, the social developed foam materials support the colonization of bacteria, allowing for mechanical filtration in addition to biological filtration, which will break down harmful waste, ammonia and nitrite material, resulting in a cleaner living environment for your fish, particular they are useful for as breeding filter or as secondary filter.
The filter can be used in various aquarium setup for most tropical and coldwater fishes, shrimps, and other creatures. The small-size filters are a perfect choice for your breeding setup or for a fry growing tank. We use the same filters in our breeding facilities. A few filters can be connected in a row and driven by one air powerful enough pump.
- Increases the oxygen solubility supplying the water with much-needed oxygen.
- Works noiselessly reducing the noise from an air pump and consumes the lowest wattage.
- No dead spots in cylinder foam offer increased filtration.
- Having good permeability provides biological filtration to the aquarium and stabilizes water quality.
- Aerobic bacteria colonize the sponge providing a bacterial substance to facilitate the nitrogen cycle.
- The plastic and sponge materials are easy to dismantle and clean.
- Made with quality materials that will outlast many other sponge filters on the market.
- The weighted bottom platform provides a stable position on the smooth surface.
- Please dip the sponges into the water squeezing them for 5 – 10 minutes before using them to make sure they are filled with the water for easier installation.
- Don’t use hot or cold tap water while cleaning the sponges, you will destroy the beneficial bacterial colony. The best cleaning effect will be achieved when the original water from the aquarium is used.